05 November 2012

the scream of fall

The temps are dropping here in NYC and winter has officially said hello. If you are looking for something warm to do and by warm I mean something indoors then a trip to the MoMa is in order. They are currently showing a few of Edvard Munch paintings including a pastel version of The Scream. It's a small exhibit but worth the stop in plus they always have so much other great stuff to look at {one of my favorite places in the city to spend an afternoon}. Helpful Hint :: they have Target Free Fridays from 4pm to 8pm; otherwise, it's $25 any other time except Tuesday because well, then they are closed. But make sure you get there early, the line can get crazy long. Free doesn't often come without some sort of set back… often times, like waiting in a long line. 





:: The Scream in an autobiographical text ::

"I was walking along the road with two of my friends. The sun set - the sky became a bloody red. And I felt a touch of melancholy - I stood still, dead tired - over the blue-black fjord and city hung blood and tongues of fire. My friends walked on - I stayed behind - trembling with fright I felt the great scream in nature."

{E.M.}

2 comments:

Marie a la Mode said...

I'm loving your layers! You look so cozy : ).

Jin said...

cute outfit (I want your purse)...you look warm and comfy.