14 September 2011

what's good {is at the zoo}

Last night I went with some friends to the Central Park Zoo for Family Night. It was a complete kiddie affair. The kiddos got a little nervous of the lemurs but no crying fits occurred and we, the adults, freaked out in the Tropic Zone where the birds get to fly all around, above and beside you… yea, we almost ran out when it sounded like a cat bird fight, for real. Also sometimes I have this moral issue about zoos; I can never decide if I’m ok with them or not. Sometimes the animals just look so unhappy, but I guess who’s to say… what do you think? Zoos… yah or nay? But the Zoo at Twilight? Definitely a must do.











“Clearly, then, the city is not a concrete jungle,
it is a human zoo.”

{desmond morris}

6 comments:

bananas. said...

i feel sorry for zoo animals too...i can never tell if they're really happy.

but then i'll see a piggy and i get all excited. i love pigs...hence why i have bulldogs.

The Snarky Narwhal said...

I love that last photo

Holly said...

that polar bear is so so cute

Kristen said...

I am in love with the Penguin one, so neat!

I always feel bad for the animals, yes they get fed everyday, but they deserve to be running around in nature, playing with their own kind..

And yes, i'm from Beaufort, SC! It's so neat to meet people that have lived here, or know where this place is!

April said...

These are some really great shots!

Magdalena said...

Lovely photos, honey! The kids are so cute!!
We love to go to the zoo but I always feel sorry for animals!!

xoxoxo