08 May 2009

Heavy Heart... Happy Soul

More and more each day I can't believe this year - I've never had so much sorrow - directly and indirectly - in one time frame of my life and it is not even half way through. I wanted to share this little blurb that I found about balancing the happy and sad in life - it just seemed fitting and I wish I could take credit for the thoughts behind it. I hope you get something from it too.

"When you are trying to help others, you begin to feel that the world is so disordered. I personally feel sadness, always. You feel sad, but you don’t really want to burst into tears. You feel embryonic sadness. That sadness is a key point. In the back of your head, you hear a beautiful flute playing, because you are so sad. At the same time, the melody cheers you up. You are not on the bottom of the barrel of the world or in the Black Hole of Calcutta. In spite of being sad and devastated, there is something lovely taking place. There is some smile, some beauty."
- excerpt taken from Shambhala via Elephant

"The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do."
~ Orison Swett Marden

No comments: