12 July 2012

to the bridge we go

Brooklyn Bridge, NYC
May 2012


Of all the years I've lived in New York, I have never walked across the BK bridge. So one of the first things I decided to do when I got back from Africa, was just that. The walk over was much more simple than I expected but definitely a must see for anyone visiting the City. When in Brooklyn, eat at Grimaldi's. Walking the BK bridge and Grimaldi's kind of go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's just what you do. Typically people say there is always a line for their famous pizza; somehow, on this day we lucked out because we didn't even wait a minute. And sure it was a good experience but I won't go again {read: overhyped in my opinion} and if I would've waited in line for it, I would not have been satisfied in the least. Still though, recommend it as a classic NYC thing to do. 
Definitely try the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory for dessert, it's just around the corner! 
Worth the wait. 
And take the East River Ferry back to Manhattan instead of walking over again - you get to see the underside of the bridge to complete the whole experience!






:: my thoughts on brooklyn ::

{carrie} "new york magazine says brooklyn is the new manhattan."

{miranda} "yes, but whoever wrote that lives in brooklyn."
 




2 comments:

Sierra said...

Love your bridge pictures, looks gorgeous and so glad you had a fun time! mmm that pizza looks delicious!

melifaif said...

You shadow pic is fierce.