02 August 2010

you can pull off ruffles and a skull ring

Saturday the roomie and I made our first trip to the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ. It was {just a little bit of} a mission to get there. Usually NJ transit is alright to deal with and most venues out there are less than $20 and less than an hour to get to… well, this was a new experience almost an hour and a half later, a train and a taxi and $30+ bucks gone, we got there. We won’t be doing that again!... oh but wait, we already bought tickets to see OAR next week too... Oh well, at least the next time around we know to bring remix {more on that later} and exactly which train to hop on without having to ask annoying customer service people in the train station. We spent a gorgeous day outside in the sun listening to some straight up girl-power music. Welcome to Lilith Fair.











Sunday was a day of relaxing and going to see The Kids Are Alright – seemed fitting to finish up the weekend with a girl-themed movie about relationships... it was good for a light, easy watch with emotions thrown around left and right throughout the movie. Now I think I’m in need of a weekend of nothing but UFC and whiskey. How was your weekend?


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Lillith Fair is AMAZING! It was just out here too :) Glad you had a wonderful time. Sorry to hear about the train though...next week will be better!!!

Andee Layne said...

so jealous! looks like you ladies had a fab time xoxo

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!! The taxi sounds quite expensive though! xxoxoxoxoo

bananas. said...

looks like we both had awesome girl weekends. heyyy!!!

i had no idea lilith fair was still going on and with such a good line up. gawd where have i been?! lol.

Dream Sequins said...

My weekend was amazing, but yours looks like it was a blast too :) Don't you just love summer weekends?

Bijou's Style said...

cute pics! I need a vaca!

xx

www.bijousstyle.com


ps- are you enjoying your ring :)

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

So fun! I bet Lillith Fair would be fun to get to but I gotta say I love your train pics the most :) I love that time as you go somewhere you are excited for, even better if you can drink on the way. You are soaking up summer!

paddle to shore said...

What a wicked time!

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Looks like you had a blast...awesome!

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Great pictures! Looks like ye had lots of fun.:)SarahD

Islandia Lane said...

@ Bijou - so loving my ring! I've worn it a couple times in some of my posts - I will need to start doing some 'fashion' shots or close up of the details!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site citygirlknows.blogspot.com
Is this possible?