15 April 2009

In a Surreal Moment

I've been out of touch for awhile as I have been out of the country as well. I was in the Philippines and have enjoyed experiencing another culture first hand half way across the world. The first thing I'd like to note are how many children are everywhere and how beautiful they are and in a moment they are ready to pose for a picture. I was thinking though how it seems that in one's own country, one wouldn't walk up to a cute kid and ask if they could take a picture yet we do this in other countries as if it's normal. I see children everyday but for some reason it adds to the novelty of being in another country you are visiting to be able to see the kids and feel their energy. They are just as interested in me as I think they are beautiful and so they smile for the camera. Here are just a few shots that I took - waiting for the rest to be developed because yes, I did take my 35 mm Nikon with me.

"Play Time"

"Hide and Seek"

"Universally"

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."
~Stacia Tauscher



No comments: